Wednesday

Summertime Rambling

Sunday, August 11, after church, we went for a visit at my sisters house. On the way, we stopped by to pick up my mom. We had a nice afternoon in my sisters backyard. Brookelynn went for a swim while we were there.
This summer has been mild in temperatures but very wet. Our roof has sprung a few leaks and we are currently on the waiting list for a brand new metal roof. We can't wait to get it installed. We are planning to go with a burgundy color to match the trim on our house.

On Monday, August 12, I decided to try out a new food place in town called the Blue Rooster. It is a take and bake style company. I picked up two meatloafs and chicken casserole dish. In total, I paid almost $26 for these and then had to take them home, put them in the oven and cook side dishes. Truth be told, we did not like the chicken or the meatloaf. Both were thrown out. I guess we are just used to food with flavor.
Since dinner was a flop, we spent the remainder of the evening outside on Monday playing with the dogs.
Tuesday, August 13, was the first football game of the year and ATMS played against Sparta. Stroker and I went to watch Brooke cheer her little heart out. She does such a good job. I love the way she tries her best. After the game, we went to dinner at O'Charley's. Bedtime was welcomed with open arms Tuesday night.
Couponing 101 at Faith Fellowship tonight. We studied how saving money and stocking up can allow us to be more generous and help others in need. God intends for us to be givers, although sometimes there are so many needs of our own that giving seems to be moving it’s way farther and farther from the top of our lists.
That is something that I want to work harder on. I want to make a conscious effort to give more. Not just monetarily, but I want to give more time and more effort to those who need it.

No comments:

Post a Comment