Monday

Mustaches and Gums

Yesterday, Sunday, we drove to Smyrna to celebrate Ansley's birthday with her. She had a mustache party this year. It sure was a hot day out, but the kids cooled themselves off with a water balloon fight. Brookelynn enjoyed getting to spend some time with Ansley. It would be nice if they just lived a little closer.

After many many years with Dr. Boston, my dentist, I have decided to move on. 
It wasn't that I was pressured into having my wisdom teeth removed last year (and all the trouble I had along with that). It wasn't that I was pressured into having two teeth drilled and filled this past February. I'm not even going to say it was the tooth that he cracked while drilling and filling those two teeth (that previously did not hinder me in the least.)  Even after his office showed no urgency to see me when the cracked tooth broke in half, I still returned to Dr. Boston. The reason I decided to leave Dr. Boston was that his method to fix my ill fitting crown was to drill out the tooth behind the crown and close in the gap with more filling instead of replacing the crown with one that fits correctly. That is where I drew the line. It was time for me to take my smile elsewhere. So on Monday, August 25th, I officially became a patient of Dr. Haston. 
The hygienist started off my very first visit by complimenting my gum tissue :) That's a compliment that I have never had before. By the time that I left, I had received a second "gum" compliment by Dr. Haston himself. I left his office with a good report and a smile on my face. 

On my way out, I ran into my old elementary school principal, Mr. Ryan. He pretended to remember me, but we both know that he didn't.
We wound down this Monday with a walk at Cane Creek Park with the dogs. Kimba sure has a good time walking around the lake. She gets so excited that she can hardly stand it.

Before bed, I watched an episode of a summer series called "Under the Dome". I normally don't watch much TV, but this particular show has got me hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment