Thursday

Winding Down 2015

If you have read my previous posts, you know that Christmas this year was stressful for me.
It came in like a lion.
Roaring and running right for me, with the intent to devour me.
Somehow, some way...by the Grace of God, I made it through okay.
Although I usually like to leave decorations up until the new year arrives, this year, I was ready to put it to rest. So, I spent my Saturday, December 26, taking down the tree and putting everything Christmas back in it's totes. 
It was 76 degrees outside that day, so it still wasn't feeling seasonal anyway.
I actually spent a little time straightening up the shed.
That's a never ending battle. 
I do have a cold setting in. My throat is a little sore and congested, so I guess this weather is to blame.
We went to church Sunday, December 27 and then met up with the Paramore's at El Tapatio afterwords for lunch. Devin and I went to moms to visit for a while Sunday too. Her little mind is fading away. She tells the same story every 10 minutes (or sooner). She gets things confused and she worries about petty things. I hate to see her start to drift away like this, but I fear this is only the beginning.
My cold was getting worse by Monday, December 28, but not to the point of considering myself "sick" just yet. 
We went to dinner at Craw Daddy's with Brandon, Erin and Ansley.
I love Craw Daddy's Pesto appetizer (even if no one else does).
This was our scheduled Christmas get together with the Brooks. It's sad that we are so busy that we can only schedule time for friends on holiday's or occasions.
If it were not for holiday's, we would never get time together. 
These girls are just four years away from being adults. We need to see each other more often.
After dinner, the Brooke's headed back home, and so did we because Tuesday was back to work.
Ella came over and spent the night with Brooke on Tuesday, December 29.  
My head was in full blown congestion mode by Wednesday, December 30. I sat on the couch that evening and rested. It was my worst sick day. Yep...I'm officially sick. 
Sick or not, it was the holiday's so Brooke and I hit a couple of boutiques on Thursday, December 31 in Sparta. She got a few new things. I got nothing.
We took mom to lunch while we were in Sparta.
Once back home, I tried to rest and catch up this blog.
Although it is New Year's Eve, I was dosed on Robitussin and AlkaSeltzer by 10:30 and asleep by 11:00pm. 
Except Me :)

Stroker snuggled with me until I fell asleep.  It was just as good as being in Time Square in my book.
The new year will just have to ring in without me.

No comments:

Post a Comment