Tuesday

Denial

Brooke text me on Monday, December 14 about an old friend that she and the "fab four" cut ties with last year. Two of the others in the Fab Four  have on and off associated with this girl behind the scenes since then, but Brooke has never went back on her decision.
 I believe this has sparked animosity from this girl towards Brooke.  
This girl boasted about wanting to fight Brooke just before she had to change schools earlier this year. That was a God send because I really didn't want the situation to get ugly.
Fast forward to Monday's text from Brooke said the "Devin is trying start trouble again", then she sent me a picture of the snap chat that Devin sent her.
 It was an ugly message to say the least.
 I tried to call Devin's mother but did not get an answer.
After a while I text her to tell her what was happening.
 I was blown away by her response.
I cannot grasp the idea that a parent would automatically deny any wrongs that their child commits... when the evidence is right in front of their face.
The Saga continued on Tuesday, December 14. I had a voice mail from Emily (another parent in Brooke's Fab Four group). She had left a message for me to call her back because she just got off the phone with Colleen.
I returned Emily's call and as she was giving me the breakdown of what Colleen had said, another call tried to come through. As I looked to see who was "beeping in", I noticed it was Colleen calling me.
The nerve of her to call me back after she has spoken another parent to get a feel for their reaction.
I didn't bother to answer, I just continued my conversation with Emily.
I don't need to hear any more excuses.
uggghhhh
Brooke and a few of her friends sat out Wednesday, December 16 Life Group since there was too much drama there. She, Mary and Ella opted for El Tapatio and Dogwood Park instead. We went to see the Christmas tree light show which was very pretty.




No comments:

Post a Comment