Friday

Christmas 2015 Edition

Christmas this year fell on a Friday!  Woohoo!!
Wanna know a perk of having older kids? Getting to sleep in on Christmas morning.
We didn't get out of the bed until 10:30. We slowly made our journey across the house like a slugs dropping on the couch like dead flies. With our eyes half open, we leisurely handed each other the gifts that we had purchased.
Devin was the first to open a package. His eyes widened as he made it through the wrapping, then the taped box and finally to the roll of bubble wrap. As he began to unwind the roll, you could see from his expression that he was pleased. Benjamin's always bring a smile.
His second gift turned out to be more of the same. His gift from Brookelynn was something he needed in addition to something he likes. It was a toboggan with built in blue tooth speakers.

Brookelynn was next and she tore into her first package.

and then she moved on to package number 2
I told Brooke that every time you turn the hover board on, it says "Bluetooth Mode" for some reason.
She squealed and said "You got me the one with built in speakers!?"
Hhmmm...Apparently I done better than I thought. ;)
Stroker was next up. He opened his gifts from the kids first. My post on the search for it is a few days back :)
Stroker's second gift was from me. We will see how he likes it within the next few days.
I got a new Dell 27" monitor, a Neat Desk scanner, and all those goodies that I picked out on the shopping trip last weekend.
After all the wrapping paper, boxes and bows were collected and thrown away, we gradually made our way to getting dressed and in the car. We went to Mildred's for round 2 of gifts, dinner and relaxing.
My favorite gift this year was having this.
Thanking God for my family today and everyday.
I hope you too had the merriest of Christmases. 





No comments:

Post a Comment