Thursday

March Ends Where April Begins

I'm doing pretty good about walking this spring. I made a lap around the park on
  Monday, March 27th
Stroker and I studied our lesson plans on Tuesday evening. We went to Logan's for dinner.
We took on our 2nd week of teaching the youth class on Wednesday, March 29. We had 17 kids that night. We had dinner at Cracker Barrell around 8:30.
Mom had a doctor appointment at TN Heart on Thursday, March 30. They decided to put her on Warfarin. Apparently, it is some serious medicine. We had to watch a 15 minute film about taking it correctly. Mom tried to stay awake for the whole fifteen minutes bless her heart. She also has to start having her blood levels checked once a week.
I also took Brooke for a hair cut on Thursday. I got myself and aromatherapy diffuser.
We ended the week (and the month of March) at the Doodle on Friday.
We welcomed April 1st on Saturday. Brooke and I went to a baby shower for a lady at church. We also drove to Monroe, Livingston and had a Cookeville rental.
We had lunch at Olive Garden on Sunday after church. Stroker grilled burgers on Monday, April 4th after we walked at the park. 
Everything was backed up on Wednesday, April 5th. Literally. We had to call a plumber to come snake the line between the house and the street. Nothing was going down any of the drains in our house.  Stroker even had to call them back a second time Wednesday evening.
There were a couple of storms that rolled through while we had our fellowship meal at church. 
Daddy had an aneurysm in his chest repaired at St. Thomas today too. 
Everything went as they expected, but daddy didn't want visitors. 
Between the plumbing, dad's surgery and storms, it has been a stressful day.
Mom had another doctor appointment at TN Heart on Thursday, April 6.  
They ran an EKG, but I was concerned about some places on her back as I was helping her get her shirt on. I hope it is not skin cancer.
 I'm concerned, but Darlene told me that I shouldn't mention it to mom. I think I need to find a dermatologist to take a look. I'll put that on my "to do" list. For now, I want to get mom ready for Easter Sunday. I took her by the house and gave her a facial. 
I mentioned getting her hair colored and trimmed. She said she would go ahead and do it, but she was feeling kind of tired. She fell asleep in the hair dressers chair on and off the entire time. Her haircut looked great. It was all trimmed around her little face. Mom said "I like this color, my hair was too light. I look stupid at my age as a blonde"  My mom has always liked to keep her hair done. 

I took her on home and got her settled back in her house. It was a little cooler outside today. In the 50's and drizzling rain on and off. She was glad to get back in where it is warm.



No comments:

Post a Comment