Saturday

Good Friday

We laid mom to rest on Good Friday, April 14, 2017. Darlene and I picked out the music for moms funeral. "Peace In the Valley" was the first song. It is the only song that mom ever mentioned wanting played at her funeral. I asked Angie from church to sing "I Will Rise" and she did beautifully.
Darlene and I both agreed that we wanted another Chris Tomlin song called "Home" played at the end.  We probably should have let Kevin's song choice fall in there somewhere, but we just kind of took the reigns and made the list. The funeral service went surprisingly peaceful and I thank God for that.
Some may find it a bit odd that I would go to a concert the same day as my momma's funeral, but it was just what I needed to feel closer to mom.
The concert, that we had tickets for, was Chris Tomlin. We had the tickets for weeks before moms passing. I'll be honest, I didn't want to miss it.  You see, it's not just about the music, the singer or the crowd. It's about praising the One my mom is with.  I felt closer to mom as I sang my heart out and praised God for His goodness.
Chris Tomlin sang the song "Home" that night (and I sang it too).  It didn't get me upset to hear, or sing, it felt peaceful to sing of the Home where my mom is and always will be. Right beside her Savior. If there is one thing that I can assure you about my momma, it is that she always looked forward to meeting Jesus.

No comments:

Post a Comment