Monday

The Last Goodbye

I stayed home and took a break Friday evening, April 7th. Stoker met up with Sterl and Lee at El Tapatio for dinner.
Stoker had to work on Saturday, April 8th, so Brooke and I sat up the bounce houses by ourselves. She was a great helper today.
I hired a guy to mow moms yard this summer because we are inching our way to the second week of April and her grass is up to my shins. The guy that I hired showed up for his first mow and mom was tickled with it. She said that he did a great job.
I told him that he did not have to weed eat, but mom said that he did anyway. I'm just glad that mom doesn't have to stress about it this year. She always worries herself about how her yard looks. I remember when I was growing up, the grass was always cut and the flowers were always blooming. Mom has always liked having a nice and neat yard.
We had to set up the obstacle course after church on Sunday, April 9th. We had time to eat at Rib City with our church before hand. I also had a hair appointment that day at 4:30. Sometimes I feel like Saturday's and Sunday's are not even on my calendar.  It's all workdays for me.
I left work Monday, April 10th  at 1:30 because Kevin called and told me that mom wanted me to take her to the doctor. She wasn't feeling good. I called Darlene, but she said her back was hurting and that she was picking Gray up from school. So, I clocked out and headed to Sparta. When I got to Kevin's house and went inside, mom's face perked up and she said "You came to see me!" I told her that I came to take her to the doctor.  After she insisted that she was too tired to go to the doctor, she told me that she just wanted me to come over and see her for a while. I said "mom...I have left work to take you to the doctor. What am I supposed to tell them tomorrow when they ask about what the doctor said?"  Mom said "You tell them that you came to check on me and I'm doing better."
I explained that I needed to pick Brooke up from school if we were not going to the doctor and she told me that she wanted to ride with me to get Brooke.
On the way to Cookeville, she suggested that we get pizza for dinner and go to her house to have pizza on the back porch. After we picked Brooke up at school and took her home, mom mentioned the pizza again. She said "Are we not gonna get pizza and eat it at my house?" 
She sounded disappointed that Stroker, Devin, and Brookelynn were not coming over for dinner. I explained that everybody had been at school or work all day and was tired. A sad expression came over her face. I assured her that we would stop and get her some dinner since she had not eaten that day.  I stopped at McDonald's on the way to Sparta to get her a fish sandwich, but she didn't eat any of it on the way home. When I got her home and back inside, she scurried off to the bathroom as I told her bye. I told her that if she was not feeling better by Thursday, we were going to the doctor before her TN Heart appointment. 

No comments:

Post a Comment