Sunday

Ending the Worst Month Ever

I made a new recipe on Monday, April 24. Stuffed Shells. 
It was pretty good (if you ask me). Everybody else kinda liked it too. 
I didn't cook on Tuesday.
We had church on Wednesday evening and played outside with the kids for about 15 minutes with parachutes and foam lawn darts. They had a great time. 
We went to dinner at Cracker Barrel with Deb and SP afterwords.
I went to lunch with Maleigha on Thursday, April 27, and never went back to work. We rode around Buck Mountain and back roads until time for me to pick up Brooke from school.

I spent the evening getting started on staining the new patio cover.
Stroker and I had dinner with Maleigha and Mickey at Hurricane Marina on Friday, April 28. It was good and the views were gorgeous. We had a great time and it was nice to get my mind off of everything else.


Saturday, April 29th was a beautiful day.  Erin, Brandon and Ansley came for a visit. Erin brought me the sweetest picture frame in memory of my mom. I'm gonna put the picture from Rock Island in it. The day was really nice. We hung out on the patio for a while and Erin told us about her "Mam's" declining health. It reminded me a lot about some of the same symptoms that I seen in mom these last few months.
Kenny Cat was feeling friendly. Stroker says it is only because I feed him, but I know Kenny loves me.

Later on in the evening, I storm came up and the tree out front broke again. This time, it came right at the house.  We were not home at the time. We left to go make a pick up just before the storm hit.  Brooke called us to tell us that a tree fell on the house as we were on our way home.
We spent about 2 hours cutting the limbs and piling them up.

Just like He always does, God protected us. Although the tree fell on the front of the house, the window didn't break and the roof wasn't damaged.
Thanks God.

Brookelynn left us a letter on the refridgerator Saturday night because we wouldn't run back out to Burger King at 10:00pm
On Sunday, April 31st, we closed the month with Church, Grey's graduation and our Pastor's 60th birthday party.

Although it was a good day...I am ready to see this month be over.

No comments:

Post a Comment