Saturday

May Flowers

We ended up having the Bradford Pear tree cut down completely on Monday, May 1, 2017. After all, there isn't much left of it anyway. It was windy today, so it is probably best.
We had two rentals on Tuesday, May 2nd. Weekday rentals isn't usually a busy day, but sometimes it works out that way.
Jimmy Johns was running a $1 sub special today too. We stood in the line for one. So did five hundred other people

Amanda and I met Paula K. at Cheddar's on Wednesday, May 3, 2017 for lunch on the patio. I love lunch on the patio this time of year. The sunshine and the warm breeze feels so good. The weather has been so nice these last few days since Saturday nights storm.
I was tired on Wednesday. Stroker took a picture of me when I dosed off on the couch.
Our church class still continues to grow each Wednesday. Who would have ever thought that Stroker and I would lead a youth group? I would have never expected that of me. We sure have a good time and have made lots of new little friends. 
We keep the same routine each week after church, we head over to Cracker Barrel for a late dinner....actually, we order breakfast.
I had a dentist appointment on Thursday, May 4, 2017.  I dread the dentist more as an adult than I ever did as a child. I have a cracked tooth that I am eventually going to have to have crowned. I keep putting it off as long as I can.
I went by Kevin's for a visit when I left the dentist office. He is sick with bronchitis or something. He stays sick quite a bit. Stroker and I had a delivery to make at 4:30 in Sparta before heading back home for dinner.
We had to pick up a rental Friday evening before heading to dinner at the Dipsy Doodle. It was a pretty day outside. Out house looks different with the Bradford Pear tree gone from the front yard.
I'm gonna miss that little tree.
It started raining on Saturday, May 6. God blessed us with an indoor rental that day. The rest of the day was for relaxation. We tried to sit on the patio since it is covered now, but it was almost too cool outside to hang out.
It was my Sunday to bring breakfast at church on Sunday, May 7, 2017. I usually make a cheese Danish or fruit and some chocolate milk.  Sometimes, it works out that I have to work the sound booth on the same day as breakfast.
We went to Olive Garden for lunch after church with some friends. Although we were stuffed from over eating, I decided to work on staining the new patio cover. I worked at it for hours. Stroker took out an extra ladder and helped for a couple of hours too. We finally finished it up.  It wore me out and had me speckled with redwood stain.
Monday, May 8 was stressful. I had a budget due on ePlan. That always stresses me out.  So, to relax, I hung some cute patio lights under the patio cover. I also made a flower arrangement for Mother's day to place beside moms headstone. I made it with yellow roses and a butterfly. I wish I could show it to her. She would love it.
We had the tree stump grinder come and take the stump out from the Bradford Pear on Tuesday, May 9, 2017.  I can't handle stumps interrupting the flow of the yard.  It's an OCD thing I guess.
Anyway, I picked up dinner at Bellacino's, Stroker got the yard mowed and we had to make a trip to Lowe's at 8:30.  At least we are convenient to everything.
On Wednesday, May 10th, Brooke had to give a description of a kid at school. He was going around saying that there was a shooting going to happen the next day. The school finally figured out who they were looking for with surveillance camera's.  Brooke's description didn't help them any because she didn't pay much attention to they guy when he walked by her group.

We ended the week at Logan's for dinner with Gary and Darlene. On Saturday, May 13, we drove to Silver Pointe, Sparta and visited Dad. 

I ran inside moms house to retrieve her Direct TV card to mail back. I felt so uneasy about taking that card. My heart was telling me that mom needs her Direct TV because she watches it all day. But my mind had to step in and remind me that she is gone and we no longer needed TV at her house. One thing I know for sure. She burnt that card up watching so much TV. See where the chip almost melted through.

No comments:

Post a Comment