Saturday

Cherish Every Day

I got up early on Sunday morning, May 14, 2017 and headed over to Sparta to place moms flower arrangement by her grave at 7am. What an empty feeling to wake up on Mother's Day and not have a mom. I had decided a few day's earlier that I was not going to let my circumstances affect everyone else's holiday.  We went to church as usual and had steaks for lunch at Gary's mom's (Judy) house.  Brookelynn went with me for lunch. Stroker stayed home. Later in the evening, I had a hair appointment, so I went just as usual.  I know there will be difficult days ahead, but as long as I keep putting one foot in front of the other, I will get through them.
We had two deliveries on Monday, May 15, 2017 so we started on them early. We took a drive out through muddy pond and the Mennonite community. We have some beautiful area's right here in our back door, we just don't always take time to explore them.
I cooked dinner at home on Moms Birthday, May 16. I thought about her all day. Wished I could have taken her out for lobster tail and had birthday cake. Those birthday traditions are tucked away in my heart to cherish.
Time has marched right on through Brooke's entire freshman year of high school. On Wednesday, May 17, 2017 Brooke attended her final day of freshman year. I know that she is excited and looking forward, but I just look at her and try to lock the image of her sweet little freshman face in my mind to hold onto forever.

Since school is out for the year, Brooke assisted me in two deliveries on Thursday, May 18, 2017.
She is quite the helper. Although she and I are girls, we can work just as hard and lift just as much weight as the next guy.  Never underestimate us.

We only had one delivery on Friday, May 19
After we got it picked up Friday evening, we sat on the patio and karaoke'd with Steve, Georgi, Mary and Brooke until 11pm.  It was a fun night.
After our deliveries on Saturday, May 20 to Sparta and Cookeville, I hung flower hooks on the patio.

No comments:

Post a Comment