Sunday

Getting Out of the House

I spent Saturday, March 18th visiting my parents. I went by moms for a while and then visited with daddy for a while. Crazy how they are so close together. Crazy how my 95% of my family live in one neighborhood. Thank goodness I am in the next town. I like to visit, but I like my distance too.
We had to go to Livingston and Baxter on Sunday, March 19 after church. Other than driving around, we didn't do much else with the day.
I went home for lunch on Monday, March 20 and had lunch with Devin.  I also cooked a home cooked dinner after walking a lap around Cane Creek Park that evening. I love living so close to everything here.
I walked Cane Creek Park again on Tuesday, March 21, but we opted for El Tapatio for dinner.
We had 18 kids in our class at church Wednesday evening. I would have never guessed that Stroker and I would be teaching a youth group, yet here we are stumbling along week after week.
I went to bed early on Thursday. I was more tired than usual. I picked up dinner at Fazoli's around 5pm and that was all I could do for the day.
I managed to get in a lap at Cane Creek park on Friday evening before heading over to the Dipsy Doodle to meet up with our usual Friday evening crew for dinner.
Saturday consisted of driving to Livingston and Monterey. It wasn't to lengthy of a day so I went to the store and got stuff to make for breakfast for church.
I took breakfast to church on Sunday, March 26.  Me and mom took a drive down to Rock Island Sunday afternoon. I turned on Pandora and set it to "church hymns".  I like to watch mom sing to the old hymns that she remembers from her youth. Her little mouth just moves to all the words as she sways her little head to the music.
She likes to get out of the house and go on adventures with me. Sometimes we stop for a milkshake to take along for the ride. We got out of the car a couple of times at Rock Island to walk over and take a closer look at the water. She always talks about how much her family loved the country here in Tennessee.  She told me Sunday that she wished that her brother Jimmy could see the this (the waterfall).  She said she can't wait to hug his neck one day and see her mom and dad and brothers and sisters again.  I smiled and said "what a great day that will be huh mom?" She agreed.
She told me that she didn't understand why she was still here when all of her family was in heaven. She said that God must not be done with her yet. I told her that I was glad she was still here with me.
We ventured on and drove through some neighborhoods and back-roads with beautiful views.
I took her back home and told her that I had to get back to Cookeville because we had a teachers meeting at church at 5pm.
We had a fun day together and made some memories. She told me that she was glad that I got her out of the house for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment