Thursday

Routines

Have I ever mentioned that I do not like change?  
I Don't.  
There is a reason why I have only owned one home. There is a reason why I drive the same vehicle for over a decade and there is a reason why I never change employment. 
That reason is called ROUTINE.

I like the comfort of routine. It feels good to know what to expect. It's just the way that I am wired. Routine brings a feeling of calm...and I love calm.
Although my blog would put most readers to sleep at night, I want to document the time as it passes and the day to day life that takes place in our predictable little lives.
  My blog always consists of the same 'ol posts, week after week. We always attend church on Sunday morning, followed by lunch with some of our church family. We always attend church on Wednesday evening followed by dinner at Cracker Barrel. We have dinner with our pastor and friends every Friday night (usually at the Dipsy Doodle).  
I may not have a fascinating life by the standards of many, but it is the perfect life for me.  
So here goes, another post of the same 'ol same 'ol.
March 1st was on a Wednesday this year, so we all know how that went.
March 2nd was the night of Brooke's friend Mary's first home Lacrosse game. 
Stroker and I took Brooke and Treasure to watch.

It was a colder evening, so we mainly tried to stay warm while we watched.  
Brooke drove us to the game. She is driving us everywhere these days.  That has been hard to get used to.  Me being in the passenger seat is definitely not routine. Sometimes I have to remind myself to let go of both Devin and Brooke and let them grow.  As a mom, I want to make sure that they have everything in place, are prepared for anything and get through life painlessly.  Some of the hardest mom moments are the ones that you have to step back and let them make decisions, experience life, and learn how to make it on their own.
The hardest part of routine, is missing out on the new things.  
Most often, when life inevitably alters things for me, I wonder why I took so long.


No comments:

Post a Comment