Sunday

Closing 2016

Monday, December 26, 2016 was the beginning of many days of rest for me. I was so excited to get busy doing NOTHING. Before I could begin my week of laying on the couch, I had to put Christmas away. So first thing Monday morning, I took down all the tree decorations, took down the tree, the Christmas cards, and everything else relating to decoration.
Once packed away, I had one more small task of changing out the patio outlet (for the second time in a week).  Somehow moisture keeps getting to it and ruining the gfi.
Stroker and I had lunch at Buffalo Wild Wings and then came home to crash. 
On Tuesday, December 27, 2016, I got up, went to moms and disassembled her Christmas tree. I vacuumed and cleaned her house a little while I was there. I also stopped by my dads for about an hour. 
When I got home, Stroker cooked steaks on the grill because the weather was holding out pretty nice. It was almost 70 degrees outside
Wednesday, December 28, I went shopping for an adjustable base for our bed. I thought I wanted one that just raises and lowers the head, but when the sales guy showed me how raising your feet relieves your back, I was sold.

That evening, the Brooke's came to Cookeville for dinner and our Christmas gift exchange. We decided on O'Charley's because they have something that everybody likes...and it was free pie Wednesday.  
Afterwords, we drove to Smithville to see the "light fest" that I have been seeing advertised at all the traffic lights in Cookeville.
What a light show...it was down by the lake, which was a little creepy. We were the only vehicle in the area and we could have seen more lights at Dogwood park than at this place.

On a good note, we got to hang our with Brandon, Erin and Ansley for a little while longer.
My new adjustable base bed was delivered on Thursday, December 29, 2016.  It feels amazing.
I cooked dinner at home and we watched Netfix movies until bedtime.
We hauled our old boxsprings off on Friday, December 30, 2017.  We hung out at the house all day for the rest of Friday. We have kinda been binging on Netfix shows these last couple of days.
I visited mom and dad again on new years eve Saturday, December 31, 2016.  What better way to end the year, than with visits to your parents.
New Year's Eve night, Stroker and I went to Steve and Georgi's and hung out until the new year rang in.  It was our kinda party. Relaxing on the couch streaming the Rich Froning documentary.  I would take relaxing on the couch over a wild night of dancing and drinking any day.

We did toast in the new year and laughed at Mariah Carey's sad attempt at a performance before heading home and hitting the hay.  Happy New Year Everybody.


No comments:

Post a Comment