Saturday

Scary Stuff

Our Sunday's always begin at church. Thank goodness we live just a mile from ours because we are always walking in just a few minutes before 10 am. Although, on Sunday, January 8, 2017 we somehow managed to get up and get to church about 20 minutes early. We had lunch with our church family afterwords at Rib City. Brooke isn't a big fan of Rib City, but the rest of us like it pretty well.
We spent the day catching up on episodes of One Tree Hill. It has consumed us here lately. Thank goodness it is winter so we have some extra time to binge watch.
Mary came over Sunday evening to spend the night. We had breakfast for dinner at IHOP.
We had snow day #2 for the year on Monday, January 9, 2017 because not all of the snow had melted off the back roads from Friday. I went to Sparta and had lunch with Maleigha on Monday.  I also took my mom to to her appointment to see Dr. Case here in Cookeville.
We stopped at the store before she went home because she was out of bugles and Pepsi. She sure loves Bugles, frito's and Pepsi these days.
I finally got Winter Jam tickets ordered on Tuesday, January 10, 2017.  I ordered 13 this year.  I also went through a lot of old files and shredded some of them to clear out some space. I have had the itch to organize in this new year.
The big news in Cookeville for Wednesday, January 11, 2017 didn't break until after church and dinner at the Cracker Barrel. It was about 9:30 pm when the alert came out that a woman had been abducted by an "armed and dangerous" man.  We received a phone call from the city at 11pm to keep the doors locked.  I thought that they would surely have him caught before Devin went to work.

The first thing I heard on Thursday, January 12, 2017 news was that the man was still on the loose.
That news was a little unsettling. There were news teams reporting just a mile and a half from us. It was around 11am before they found and arrested the man, but at least they found him.
😨
At the end of the day, we had dinner with Lee and Judy at Logan's.  That was a nice quiet end to an uneasy day.
We stayed in on Friday, January 13, 2017 and binged watched more episodes of One Tree Hill on Netflix. I also cooked Chicken and Bisquit Stew for dinner. I'll be honest, it didn't turn out too good.
I watched One Tree Hill ALL DAY on Saturday, January 14, 2017.  My husband helped my brother-in-law for a few hours to get moved into his new place. Other than that time, he was right there beside me.  I'm telling ya..do not get sucked in to this show.



No comments:

Post a Comment