Monday

Brooke, the Painter

I don't like to paint. I will paint, but I don't like to.  So, when Brooke approached me that she wanted to "make over" her room, I was not on board. The last thing I wanted to do was throw a painting job in on my weekend schedule. Brooke assured me that she would start and finish the painting herself if I would just take her to buy the paint.
Although I had a bad feeling about it, I reluctantly took Brooke and bought 2 gallons of white paint on Thursday, January 19, 2017.  It was a rainy Thursday and all I really wanted to do was kick back and watch a few episodes of One Tree Hill, but she was not giving in until we went paint shopping. Her plans were for a white and black bedroom.
Oh yeah,...my car hit a milestone mileage today too. I took a picture of it.
Brooke began painting her room Friday evening, January 20, 2017. We stayed home to make sure a painting catastrophe didn't happen. I inherited her desk since she didn't want it anymore.  
I figured she would give up painting after a couple of hours. That is why I assured her that if she didn't finish what she started, her room would stay the way she left it.  I cooked hamburgers and fries for dinner while she rolled paint until bedtime. Her friend Mary came over around 8 pm and helped for a couple of hours before they gave in for the night and fell asleep.
Brooke woke up around 8 am and took back into painting Saturday morning. She was on her third coat by now and it was looking good.  We sold our couch and helped the new owners load it up while Brooke put the finishing touches on her new paint job.  We also had to make a trip to Baxter on Saturday, January 21, 2017. We had lunch at Cheddar's after the completion of selling the couch, finish painting and our equipment pick up in Baxter.  It was a full agenda kinda Saturday, but very productive.
After church on Sunday, January 22, 2017, we went to Mount Juliet and had lunch at Red Robin.
Brooke wanted to shop for new decorations for her room to go with her white and black theme. Currently she has white walls, white trim, white curtains, and a white bed.  She was in desperate need to bring in some black to this "white & black" room.
We went to Target and TJ Maxx's Home Goods store to find shelving and wall accents.  When we got home Sunday evening, she "accidentally" ordered black bedding from Amazon.  She said she thought she was putting it in her cart, but bought it instead.  I think we are feeling the brunt of this room make over.  I may not have painted, but my I sure feel worn out.  At the same time, I sure am proud of Brooke. Here I thought that she would give up and quit, but she followed through until the job was finished.  She must take after me after all.
Cold weather set back in on Monday, January 23, 2017.  I cooked at home so we didn't have to get out in the cold. The high today was 44° and it got colder after dark. Devin left around 7:00 to go get gas. He called around 7:25 that his car wouldn't start. Stroker said " I bet he has ran it completely out of gas".  I didn't think that was the case since he made it all the way to the gas station and pumped gas, but what do I know?!
Stroker came back in about 10 minutes to get the jumper cables and went back. He called to ask me if I remembered how long ago it was that Devin bought his battery. I think it was just a couple of years ago, but what do I know?!
Then, Stroker called back to tell me that I was going to have to come to the gas station because he locked himself out of his truck with it running. 
😵
So, there we were...all three of us, in three different vehicles,  at the gas station. 
I just drove through and hit the unlock button on the key ring and pulled right back out on Willow to head home. Stroker and Devin drove to Auto Zone to check on a battery.
Turns out, the battery isn't even bad. Just a fluke thing that it wouldn't start I guess.

No comments:

Post a Comment