Saturday

Hello 2017

As I woke up in a brand new year, I felt no different.  I didn't feel like making any resolutions, any changes or looking forward to anything. It just feels like another year. I guess it's because I know it is going to be over before I know it.  I can't keep up anymore. Days feel like seconds, weeks pass like they are minutes and years are over before I even get used to writing the correct year on a check.
🎜🎝I try to hold on tight, but there's no stopping time, what is it that I've done with my life? It happens in a blink...🎜🎝
Well, I hit the floor running on the first day of the year. Sunday, January 1, 2017 was my day for breakfast at church. I made pigs in a blanket and a cheese danish. I even made it to church in time to serve it (insert giggle).
We went to lunch at O'Charley's after church, which was when I had a chance to sit down and eat. There were about twelve of us at lunch today. We took our time, talked, laughed and hung out for a while. When we got back home, we just rested on the couch.
I spent the entire day at home on Monday, January 2, 2017 too.  I baked a strawberry cake, tried to catch up on this blog a little and made a crock pot dinner (which no-one ate).  
We went to the movies on Tuesday, January 3, 2017 to see the Denzel Washington  movie Fences.  Talk about a movie that reminds me of life...that one was exhausting.  Good,...but exhausting
On Wednesday, January 4, 2017 we had to a delivery before church. After church we had dinner at Cracker Barrel.
We made a up Thursday evening, January 5, 2017.  Snow was predicted that day too, but it never made an appearance.
Friday, January 6, 2016 was clear and cold until 7am, that's when the snow started falling, it got slick fast. Schools were called off for the 1st snow day of the year. Although the first half of the day was tricky to drive on, the roads were clear by evening. We met Sterl and Debi for dinner at Olive Garden.
Saturday, January 7, 2017 was the first weekend of the year and the first rental of the year for us. Thank goodness it was indoors because the high temperature for the day was 11℉.  Brooke went to Mary's for a sleepover Saturday night. We had pizza delivered and watched Netflix movies.
That is the only way to spend a cold January Saturday night.


No comments:

Post a Comment