Thursday

Ending 2014

Was it that the holiday was over?
 Was it that my body could take no more? 
Or was it the fact that I had to put all the decoration away?
I wasn't sure what it was, but come Friday morning, December 26, I was so exhausted that I couldn't get out of bed. I felt as though I had ran a marathon.
Eventually, I gathered up enough energy to crawl out of bed and get a shower. 
It helped me feel a little better. I disassembled the Christmas tree by early evening, we went by Mildred's to drop off something and then went to dinner at Cheddar's with Bucket.
That was a lot to accomplish on a day that I was already low on energy.
By Saturday, December 27, it was official. I was sick! There was no avoiding it. My body ached, I had fever, chills, a sore throat, and chest congestion. I wasn't the only one either. Stoker and the kids were coughing too. The flu bug was after us and it attacked me first....thanks Santa.
We laid around the house all day on Saturday. 
Sunday, December 28, was the first Sunday in five years that we have missed church (except for a couple of Sundays that we were out of town). We just couldn't muster up the energy. When I went to Devin's room to tell him that we were not going, he asked "Does everybody got this throat crap?" 
Yes, We sure did.
I told Stoker it was time to go to the clinic. After signing in, we had to wait the first hour in our car because there were no available seats in the clinic. Then, we spent another hour and a half in the clinic waiting room before seeing the doctor.
Stroker and I had side by side rooms. The first thing they did for me is test for flu. I text Stroker to see if they tested him too.. He said "she put something under my tongue". 
I replied..."That's a thermometer Stroker" duh!
After a long day waiting and a $55 copay, we finally got out of  there. Only to spend another $140 at the pharmacy on Tamiflu.  The day just keeps getting better.

Back home, medicate and back to bed. 
Monday, December 29, was more of the same. Try to eat, medicate, back to bed. 
Brooke snap chatted me this photo while I was on the couch for a few minutes. 
Yes, i felt as bad as it looked
I was so sick of my bed, but so sick I couldn't do anything else but lay in the bed. Brookelynn had fever and vomiting on Monday. Darlene delivered Motrin and lunch that day. 
Tuesday, December 30, Try to eat, medicate, back to bed. 
Wash, Rinse, Repeat
By Wednesday, December 31, we were starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel. I ventured out of the house for a bit.  Brookelynn asked Morgan to come over for New Year's since there was no more feverish people in the house and we were feeling a little better. Those girls made it all the way to midnight and then crashed by 12:05.
Stoker and Devin had crashed long before midnight. 
So that's it, 2014 ended, we recovered from the flu, we were all together to ring in the new year. Some asleep, some awake, but all together under one roof. Thank God for that.



No comments:

Post a Comment