Saturday

Quiet Time & Family Time...2 of My Favorites

As we all know, taking on household projects can be a bit exhausting. After painting the living room (twice) last week, furniture shopping followed by new placements for all the living room wall decorations...I'm feeling a little drained to say the least. So on Wednesday, January 14, I took an evening drive all by myself. The hubs opted out on going to church that night and I didn't quite feel like going by myself, so I spent some time with my thoughts.
Brooke went to church with her friend Morgan tonight and then went home with her for sleepover. It was quiet at the Hayes House.
It was so cold on Thursday, January 15, that I stayed in all evening. Jerry went to a funeral visitation for his friend (Ridley Spivey)  from his work who passed away with cancer.
Friday, January 16 was a better day. We met up with our friends, Maleigha and Mickey at O'Charleys for a double date dinner.
 Brooke went to a "girls craft night" event at Life Church until 8 and then Morgan and Alyssa came home with Brooke to spend the night. Those girls have more sleepovers in a month than I had my whole life.  Okay, that's a stretch, but they do have a lot of sleepovers.
Saturday, January 17,  The hubs, Devin and I went to the theater to watch American Sniper. It is opening weekend for the movie, and it was crazy packed. We arrived an hour early with tickets in hand and the line was already down the corridor wrapped around and back up the other side of the corridor. By the time they allowed people to go inside to find a seat, the line was all the way to the exit of the theater.
It was such a great movie. I have never left the theatre so quietlly before. 
It is like the entire audience walked out in silence. 
I'm glad the three of us got out of the house and spent some time together.
Spending time with my family is my favorite.


No comments:

Post a Comment