Friday

New Year, New Room

It was too cold outside on Thursday, February 8 to even get from the house to the vehicle. School actually started two hours late to let the temperature rise a little. Crazy cold. 
Friday, January 9 was a little better,  but still bone chilling. We went to dinner with Sterl, Debi, Lee and Judy at the Dipsy Doodle. Brooke spent the night with Ella.
I hope we are still allowed to claim her on our taxes this year. She hasn't spent an entire week at home in months. Geeesh.
We sold the couch on Saturday, January 10. It was only a year old, but I was ready for a change. I really wanted to change the color of the room, so I thought it would be a good opportunity to paint while the furniture was gone.
In addition to the weekend makeover of the family room, Brooke text me to ask if Ella could spend the night at our house. Of course, we said yes.  The two of them went to Brad's house for a baby sitting adventure from 7 - 10pm. Brooke said that they had a blast. Brad and Michaela went to the movies to see "Unbroken".
Stroker and I set in painting (which we both hate) around 9pm. I did all edge work while he rolled the walls. "Sand Storm" was the color that we chose. I wanted a light tan/beige/taupe color and "sand" seemed like a logical light tan color.
As we painted the first wall, we noticed it looked a little pinkish, but we kept going. We blamed it on being wet and thought it would look fine when it dried. so, we kept painting.
When Brad dropped the girls back off at 10:00, he said maybe it appeared pinkish because it was up next to the gray. We continued to paint the entire room to cover all the gray.
We finished up just after midnight.
When we woke up Sunday morning, January 11 to see the room, it was definitely light pink.  I don't know if it was my hardwoods or what, but something made it have a pink hue. No one wants a pink living room, so after church, off to Lowe's we went yet again for a different paint color. This time we chose Hopsack and loved it after the entire living room got repainted. Yep, we painted the entire living room TWICE within 24 hours. And we hate painting.
 
We were gonna get a new sofa and love seat on Sunday, but the rain set in. Had to put it off until the weather clears.
Monday, January 12 was still rainy, so no new furniture. I did get a chance to re hang photos and wall decoration though.
The weather finally cleared enough to get our new furniture on Tuesday, January 13
I love the fresh, light  color. 
My family room has changed quite a bit the last couple of years. I get bored and like to change things up. I've always been that way.

  2009:   Tan Walls - Brown Couch
2011:   Gray Walls  - Brown Couch
 2013:   Gray Walls - Gray Couch
2015:     Back to Tan Walls - Light Blue/ Green Couch

The hubs said that he was never painting that room again. 
We will see about that. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment