Wednesday

No Germ Zone

The first week of the new year was off to a better start than the last week of 2014. 
Everybody in the house was recuperating more and more daily. After Morgan went home on Thursday, January 1, Brooke turned right around and went to a sleepover at her friend Alyssa's house. 
The rest of us stayed in for another day regaining our strength. 

By Friday, January 2, I was back on my feet and ready to rid the house of any lingering germs.
So I began decontamination process.
  1. I stripped the beds and washed the sheets and comforters.
  2. Cleaned the shower, toilet and floor in the master bath.
  3. Cleaned the tub, floor, toilet and baseboards in the main bath.
  4. Wiped down all door knobs and handles with disinfectant wipes.
  5. Cleaned the kitchen.

Saturday, January 3 was more of the same.
Once I felt that the germs were eradicated, I set into other house hold chores that had fell behind.
  1. Cleaned out old files in my file drawer.
  2. Fixed the touch sensor on my bed.
  3. Moved the bookcase and wiped it down in my bedroom.
  4. Cleaned the refrigerator vent.
  5. Took down Christmas decorations.
  6. Hung a new shower curtain rod in the main bath.
  7. Vigit (from Dell) and I cleaned another virus from my computer. This time I think we discovered where it was coming from. So, I will avoid the infected website form here on.

Sometime mid day on Saturday, I also drove Brookelynn to Gallatin to meet Erin and Brandon because she went for yet another sleepover at Ansley's.

After a weekend full of cleaning and de-cluttering, the only thing I accomplished on
 Sunday, January 4, was church.
Monday, January 5, was the day we had to get back to our regularly scheduled lives. 
You know, the mundane...reality. 
Brookelynn went back to school after a two week break. The rest of us rejoined the working class.
It was a long day for Brooke. She got dropped off at school at 7am and stayed after to cheer at ballgames that didn't end until 8:30 pm.  She was worn out and ready for bed. 
Tuesday, January 6 had another ball game. The last one for the cheer leaders this year as a matter of fact. Bitter Sweet. 
Oh yeah...Apparently, one of the dads of the boys basketball team is acquainted with Taylor Swift so he brought Taylor Swift Totes full of TS merchandise for every cheerleader. Those girls were so excited.
We went to dinner at Logan's afterwords. It was a late dinner too. We didn't get home until 10 pm. That's a late night for this bunch.
Wednesday, December 7 brought us our coldest temperatures thus far this year. 0*  Talk about making a mad dash for the car and back indoors. It was bitter cold. I prayed for the homeless and for people without heat. I just don't know how they stood it today. It wasn't too cold for a sleepover though...Brooke went to church with Morgan after school and then spent the night at her house.


No comments:

Post a Comment