Thursday

Christmas 2014

And here it is!...Christmas morning. Brookelynn had informed us the night before that we were to be in the living room by 8am sharp.  She sounded serious, so we decided we should be there 
(regardless of my splitting headache).
Brooke sorted out every bodies gifts and  volunteered to open hers first.








Although she loved all of her gifts, you can see, there was little emotion as each box was torn into.
I miss the days that my kids actually showed some excitement on Christmas morning.
That's the best part for parents.
Devin was next in line to open gifts, but he told us he didm't want any pictures taken. To ensure this, he tried his best to keep his back to us as he opened each gift.




 Next up...Stroker. Here is one quick photo of him.
You'll see the pattern...no smiles from him either.
Last, was me. Here is a photo of me opening Brooke's gift that she made me. I LOVED it. 
After the gifts were torn open and the mess was cleaned up, I decided to lay back down to rest my aching head. I only got back up at lunch time because we had to go to my mother-in-laws for Christmas lunch. 
We spent the rest of the day at her house with family. 
That was the best part. 
Christmas should have more family time, rest time, and Christ time. 
The rest of the holiday is just fluff.

No comments:

Post a Comment