Monday

Not So Silent Night

I was sleeping really well until 1:30 am Christmas morning. That's when Stroker rolled over and said "I can't sleep".  My eyes flew open as if he said "Santa just landed on the roof!". So much for settling down for a long winters nap. Stroker asked if we should get up and get things prepared, but I insisted NO WAY!
If Santa came by that early, Brookelynn might wake up at 3am and be ready to check things out. So we laid there awake for an hour. During this time, I started to develop a stuffy nose in one nostril and a runny nose in the other. I have no idea what triggered that event, but I started sneezing randomly too.
At 2:30, he slung back the covers and said "I am getting this over with". I don't know who was more excited about Santa...him or Brookelynn. We finally laid back down around 3 am and drifted off to sleep shortly after. At 4:30, Brookelynn was standing by our bed saying "Get up...Get up...he was here!". 
It had been less than an hour and a half since we got back to bed and now she was pleading for us to get back up.  Being the cruel parents that we are, we begged her to lay down with us till the same came up...so she did.
By 6:30, there was no holding her back. She said "you better get your camera ready while I wake up Devin if you want to get any pictures".  We knew she was serious, so we jumped up.
In only a matter of minutes the living room went from this
to this
Devin thought his list had been overlooked until he found everything he asked for in his stocking.
As the day moved on, we baked Jesus a strawberry birthday cake, we went to church, had Christmas with Stroker's side of the family and 14 of us went to the theatre to see 
 I came down with a head cold throughout the day and finished off the night with Zyrtec and NyQuil.
Hope you had a great Christmas !

No comments:

Post a Comment