Thursday

Fa la la la la

Today was the final day of school in 2011 for the kids. They were both looking forward to getting this day behind them. Brookelynn spent her last day at school celebrating with a class Christmas party. Devin spent his last day taking "End of Course" exams.
I attended Brooke's party to help the kids wrap the gifts that they were donating to the animal shelter. It was a bitter-sweet occasion. The party was fun, but the thought of it being the last school Christmas party that I could attend lingered in the back of my mind. Next Christmas she will be in middle school and there will be no more parties. I'm really gonna miss that.
Rewind to last night, our church went around on a Christmas caroling escapade. Stroker and Devin had forgotten that it was scheduled for last night, but not me...I was sooo looking forward to it. We all had a great time and made several people smile. One lady told us that our visit was her best Christmas present yet. That made my heart smile. These days, its seems that people get so caught up in the gifts, fancy packaging and Santa's deadline that they sometimes miss out on the Peace & Joy that Christmas should bring.
Last night the caroling and fellowship felt like everything that Christmas should be about.
I'm looking forward to a good nights sleep tonight. Tomorrow is Friday and the beginning of another weekend full of visiting friends and family. I'm glad the kids are out of school tomorrow. I too am ready for a break from dragging them out of bed and rushing around.

No comments:

Post a Comment