Sunday

Beginning December 2011

Thursday was December 1st. "No shave November" was finally over. Stroker shaved his beard that he had worked on for three weeks.  I continued knitting my third scarf. I have plans to gift some of them this Christmas.
Friday evening, we went to El Tap for dinner before we went to watch Devin's first ball game of the season. He scored 2 points, made a few rebounds due to his height and had a few good blocks. 
We spent Saturday preparing more Christmas cards. I made 2 trips to Hobby Lobby and another store to stock up on a couple more Christmas gifts. I'm a bit slower this year on finishing up our shopping, but I am slowing knocking it out.
Saturday evening, Stoker pulled the truck from one driveway to the other and turned off the engine. A few minutes later, he went to start it back up and just as luck would have it...the battery was dead.  Uuugghhhh.  Not exactly what we had in mind to purchase in December, but it's one of those things that you can't get by without.
After replacing the battery, we hitched up the trailer (that sounded kinda redneck) and headed to Jaiden's 9th birthday party.  She had a beautiful two tier cake. Wish I had a photo to post, but I haven't picked up the camera this week.
Today, Brooke and I headed out to White County to visit mom. The three of us went to lunch at one of the upscale restaurants that Sparta has to offer. Mom got the fish-fil-a combo, Brooke got the cheeseburger combo and I had the McChicken sandwich. After we ate, we drove around a bit looking for some good Christmas decorations that Sparta has to offer (not much luck finding any) and detoured our way back to moms house.  We took here an inflatable Christmas Sponge Bob decoration for her yard, so Brookelynn and I installed it while we were there.
Stroker and Devin spent the day at home; watching football of course. When Brooke and I returned home, Stroker and I decided to open our Christmas gift "to and from" each other. So we spent the evening enjoying our new surround sound. I wish I could say that we were enjoying a good movie in surround sound, but instead it's just more football games...uuuuggggghhhhhhhh!
So, how was your weekend?

No comments:

Post a Comment