Wednesday

Wednesday Wrap Up

Wow! It's August already. Where did June and July go?
We finished up last weekend with a really good family reunion dinner at Mildred's. I got a group photo of the ones that were there at the time. Some people drifted in and out all weekend, making their rounds and visiting other family members around town. Some didn't stop by at all, but that is ok, there was a time when I didn't attend the reunions either. The first few years that I dated Stroker, I didn't know very many family members and didn't feel all that comfortable in a crowd of strangers. By the time we were married, we were attending all the family events. I am thankful that we do so much together as a family and I am glad to be a part of this family. When I married Stroker, I knew exactly what I was getting myself into.  It's important to spend time with loved ones every chance you get. You just never know when it might be your last time.
That's me in the back with the cataract sunglasses (as Stroker calls them)

I also got a lot of mosquito bites this past weekend. I have clawed my legs and ankles to the point that I almost need a skin graft.
Monday, Stroker finally got around to mowing the grass. He mentioned it all weekend, but we were just too busy to get anything done around our house. I rearranged some of the photos in the family room to make room for a vinyl wall quote that I ordered to commemorate the kids being saved.
Of course, nothing is as easy as I originally plan. After moving the photos, I filled in the nail holes with some putty and searched a dozen cans of paint that we have stored looking for the leftover paint that matches the walls. As luck would have it, we have none. So, I looked for the swatch so that I could go by Lowe's to buy enough to touch up the walls...I have no swatch either. Looks like I will have to repaint the whole room. Ugh.
We trimmed a couple of tree limbs and trimmed the hedge that has taken a growing spell on Tuesday. We spent the evening at home that day. Highly unusual.
Today kicked off the annual "Smart Card" Sale. If you need one, let us know. We have sold a couple already, but Brooke hopes to sell more.
Tonight at church, we had a fellowship dinner before class. The theme was breakfast. I took a cheese danish...again.
At the end of our class, Debi had us play a couple of games to close the night. For the last game, we had to number off...1,2...1,2...1,2...around the room. I was number "2", then Debi handed us a roll of toilet paper. at that point, I made it clear that I wanted no part of a game that involved toilet paper and me being number 2...LOL
Speaking of LOL. When did "LOL" evolve from "lots of love" to "laugh out loud"?
Did that just emerge in the texting era? Should I feel old for remembering  "LOL in the age of "lots of love"? Ok, so now I'm just being random. Time for bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment