Monday

Dinner and Bathrooms

Saturday was our annual dinner at Golden Coral with my entire family.
Daddy treats us all to dinner each August to celebrate our birthdays.  The only downfall of meeting at Golden Coral is that we don't really get a chance to hang out and talk much. I am not sure what the final count was for all of us there on Saturday, but I would guesstimate it to be around 32. 
This is a photo of the those who were not at the buffet at the time of the snapshot. It's a little blurry, but it is all that I have.
 I think that Dash enjoyed dessert most of all...Who doesn't enjoy a chocolate ice cream cone ?!
Gary and Tent came over to our house Saturday evening to cap off some plumbing in our old bathroom that we decided to remodel. Little did we know, five hours later, we would have the entire bathroom gutted (except for the toilet). We even removed the old cast iron bath tub (which was quite a task). 
After having everything out of the room and exposing the floor, we thought that the floor was going to have to come up too due to old water leaks.
Sunday, my brother came over to access the situation and helped us determine that we were going to have to tear out the floor all the way down to the floor joists.
Monday, Kevin and Mike (my brothers) showed up and spent the day tearing out the floor, bracing the floor joists and placing a whole new sub floor. They took out the last fixture in the bathroom too (the toilet). It sat in the front yard all day. Check out the upcoming post on Wednesday. 
Whew, we sure had no idea we would be this far along today. We thought we were just closing off some water pipes this weekend.
I am so grateful and blessed to have people in my family that know what the heck their doing when it comes to saws, tape measures and PVC pipe.

Oh yeah...I almost forgot...Cookeville City Public Works showed up today to clear some ditch line for the storm water runoff. My email last week must have made a difference.


No comments:

Post a Comment