Saturday

Roller Coaster

This week has truly been a roller coaster to say the least.
  • Tuesday started off normal until I got a text from Stroker that I knew would cause my mother-in-law a lot of grieving (and it surely did). 
  • Wednesday, I got a phone call from my sister with the news that Trent had passed a MAJOR test for pharmacy school with an 89. 
  • We also went to dinner Wednesday night at Logan's. I had received an email that they were having a buy one, get one free deal. On the way home, I realized that we forgot to mention the buy one, get one special to our server...so we missed out.
  • We finished off Wednesday with church service and a "Watermelon Fellowship Feast" afterwords with the church members. It was fun. Brookelynn absolutely loves taking part in church events. We barely get home from one event and she is talking about what we will do next.
  • Thursday was my sisters birthday, her husband had been on a mission for two weeks to find her the gift that he knew she would like. He even had me helping him pick it out. The tables turned in the early hours of Thursday morning.
  • I received horrible news from my sister around 9 am Thursday that her father-in-law had passed away just after midnight. He was diagnosed with cancer back in January and had just become progressively sick with each passing month. Although the family he left behind will miss and remember him dearly, they find peace in knowing that he is with the Lord and that we will see him again one day.
  • Thursday evening, we attended Deaira's 9th birthday swimming party. About fifteen minutes into the party, the rain poured.  It poured for the next twenty minutes. Brookelynn said "Who cares...it's a swimming party...we are already wet". The kids had a great time and Deaira seemed very pleased with all her gifts. Deaira sees us all as her family, and I can tell that she appreciates us being there for her.
  • Friday, we got to pick up the CRV from the body shop. It was finally ready. Thirty-three days it had been in the shop. Stroker and I went together to pick it up. We found a few imperfections, but thought we would just live with it. As the weekend went on, we found several scratches that are still there. Looks like it is going to have to go back.
  • After picking up the CRV and returning the rental car, I delivered the food to Judy, Gary's mom,  that I had cooked. I also delivered the pie that Nan made for the family on Friday. My family picked up my mom around 6pm and we all attended the funeral visitation together.
  • At 9pm Friday night, we were at my mother in laws setting up canopies, tables and chairs for the family reunion that takes place this weekend. Several family member were planning to come down this year, so we needed a few extra places to sit.

No comments:

Post a Comment