Sunday

Saved

An awesome event took place tonight. Sterl, the pastor of the church that we attend came by for a visit. Eventually we got on the subject of being saved. Stroker and I both shared our stories of our seperate times of turning our lives over to the Lord. When Sterl asked Brooke about her being saved, she told him that she had been thinking about it and was ready. Sterl asked if we could go inside and sit around the table, so we did. After Sterl explained the meaning of FAITH and what it means to be saved, Brookelynn was certain that she was ready to give her heart to the Lord. Brooke said her prayer and then we all prayed together.
It was 9pm tonight that Brookelynn reached out to Jesus and changed her life forever. There will never be a moment in her life that I will be more proud of her than I am right now.
During Sterl's visit, Devin was across the street practicing up on his skateboard skills.  Devin had no idea what was taking place at our house. We were sure to fill him in as soon as he got back home.
I remember when Devin was five years old and we attended West View Baptist Church. One Sunday during the invitation, Devin asked if he could go up to the pulpit and I said "yes". I watched him walk up and kneel for prayer. I'm not sure if he was devoting his life to the Lord, but I felt like that was his intention. Silent tears streamed down my cheeks as I stood there.
It's a wonderful feeling when you accept the Lord as your Savior, and witnessing your children as they devote themselves to Christ is absolutely breathtaking.

1 comment:

  1. It was a wonderful evening and a sweet time. Eternity changed forever. Congratulations to Brookelynn and to Devin for his commitment to Christ this evening. Great blessings for the Hayes household!

    ReplyDelete