Monday

Winning Weekend

Friday morning started with good news. Sunoco called to let Stroker know that he was this week's winner of $50 in free fuel.  I think I was more excited than Stroker because his reaction was "It's about time".
He registers to win every week. It has taken at least two years for them to draw his name. 

After $50 of gassing up the truck Friday evening (which didn't  give him a full tank...uuuggghh), we met up with Darlene, Gary, and Trent at El Tapatio for dinner. We had planned to go by the Home Show afterwords, but didn't make it in time.
Instead, we introduced Darlene and Gary to
.
We have been addicted to the place since it opened in January.

Saturday morning, Stroker and I got up and headed over to the home show. We signed up to win lots of stuff, but by Saturday our good luck had ran out because we didn't win anything.

Around lunchtime, Brooke and I headed to Sparta and took my mom to lunch. We also paid a visit to my niece and great-nephew for about an hour before coming back home.

It rained constantly all day, but I somehow managed to do quite a bit of running around. Brooke and I even went to see "Big Momma...Like Father, Like Son" Saturday night. It was literally a last minute decision. Stroker and Devin were watching Tech play their final OVC championship game which started at 7:00. By 7:05. Brooke and I were in the car and in route to the movie that was scheduled to start at 7:10.
We got our tickets in time and got in line for some popcorn and a drink. The "dad" in front of us was buying his 3 little girls some snacks, when the smallest of the girls started started crying. The "mom" asked her what was wrong and she said (while squalling) "My stomach hurts!". 
I am not psychic, but I knew exactly what was about to happen...Projectile vomit! Once it was over, the mom told her husband, who was too embarrassed to turn and view what had happened, "Lance, Get someone to clean this up". Instead of taking her daughter to the bathroom, they just stood there for a couple of minutes until round two began. After the fourth hurl, I couldn't take it anymore; Brooke and I decided to just watch the movie without the popcorn and drink. So, we left the dad, Lance, at the counter where he continued his snack order and had yet to get the nerve to turn around and take a glance of the damages.
I have to admit it was kinda funny as we walked toward the theatre where our movie was playing, I listened to all those teenage employees saying "who's cleaning that up?" and "I am not touching that!"
The movie was good by the way, even without the popcorn and coke.
Sunday morning, we all got up and went to breakfast at IHOP and we finished the day and the weekend with a visit and dinner at my mother-in-laws.

No comments:

Post a Comment