Saturday

That Takes the Cake

Thursday, we finally got a load of dirt for the yard to help level out a couple of low spots. The downside was that it was delivered the same day as the temperatures dropped back down in the low 40's. Stroker and Brookelynn decided to get out in the cold and work and getting it spread out.
I stayed inside and took this picture of the two of them hard at work.
After the dirt was spread, Stroker and Devin went to Tech to check out the brand new Strength and Conditioning  Center. I didn't do much of anything Thursday evening except whine around about my upset stomach.

By Friday morning, I was officially sick, and spent the entire day with nausea and everything that goes along with it. Friday evening, I managed to eat a salad at Dairy Queen. We took Brooke there so she could get her free meal for straight A's on her report card. Later, Brooke's friend Treasure came over to our house for a sleep over.

Today and spent the entire day making a cake for my sister's church auction that takes place tomorrow. When I say "entire day", I mean that literally. Here is a breakdown:
6:45 am: Stroker got up and took my car to have the brakes worked on.
8:30 am: Stroker returned from the brake shop
9:30 am: We all loaded up and went to IHOP for breakfast
11:00 am: I went to the grocery store for cake baking supplies
11:30 am: Began baking the cake
12:00 pm: Got the cakes out of the oven. Let them cool for an hour.
1:00 pm: Tried to get the cakes out of the pans, but they fell apart because they were sticking to the pan.
1:15 pm: Got frustrated and threw the cakes to the birds.
1:30 pm: Returned from the store with my 2nd batch of cake baking supplies. (Greased the pans WELL) and mixed the batter.
2:15 pm: Removed the cakes from the oven (Again). Let the cakes cool.
2:20 pm: Began dragging out my ribbon and cricut machine to make a cute bow and tag for the cake.
4:00 pm: Finally finished the bow and the tag.
4:20 pm: Got all the cricut mess cleaned up and put away.
4:25 pm. Iced the cake
4:55 pm: Realized that I needed cellophane wrap for the cake, so Brooke and I went to Hobby Lobby.
6:15 pm: Returned from Hobby Lobby with cellophane wrap, Peeps for garnish, two crafty projects for Brooke and a Kit Kat bar.
7:00 pm: Got the cake wrapped, bow placed and tagged the cake.

It's not the most attractive display for a cake, but in the words of Michael Jackson "This Is It".  My first and final cake auction.

I told my sister that this cake should bring a minimum of $500 (LOL) at the auction tomorrow.
Just in case you are wondering how Stroker spent his Saturday...





No comments:

Post a Comment