Thursday

Funeral & Birthday

What a stormy day it has been today. The rain and thunderstorms drove Brookelynn straight into our bed last night. She says that she slept great after she got into our bed; however, Stroker and I don't seem to have the same opinion. She is like sleeping with an octopus. There are arms and legs everywhere when she sleeps with us. The forecast is calling for even more storms. Even worse, the seven day forecast predicts that were not even going to have weather on Saturday or next Tuesday and Wednesday (LOL).
Anywho... It has rained and stormed all night and day today. Stroker had to attend his grandmothers funeral and burial in this weather. He has been off work this week on bereavement.  Since he has been home during the day, we have had the pleasure of eating lunch together almost every day this week. On the downside, having lunch together all week gets expensive after a few days.
Last night, we went to the funeral home for the visitation for a while. A ton of people were there of course (probably over 100). Afterwords, we went to Mildred's for dinner and we didn't get back home till after 10pm.
I celebrated thirty-five this week, which did not feel bad at all. If you are wondering, that's why I have had John Conley playing "The backside of thirty" on my jukebox all week.
When I turned thirty, I was devastated. Psychologically, my youth was gone. It took me a few days to actually accept it and move on with life. Looking back on that birthday, I can't believe that I thought it was such a big deal. I realize now that with every passing year I continue to learn and understand life better than ever. The good thing about losing your youth, is that you gain more insight on what life should be about. So now that I have stopped dwelling on the numbers of my birthday's I look forward to them in knowing that I am not becoming one year older, but yet becoming one year closer to who He intends for me to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment