Wednesday

The Flu

Keep clear from the Hayes House. We are contaminated with the flu.
When we got up Monday morning, I took Brookelynn's temperature and the thermometer was normal...Yay! She was happy that she was going to get to go to school and have her Valentines Day party. I was happy that she was feeling better. I joined her class at 1:45 for the party and stayed till time for Brooke to come home. She seemed to back to her regular self, even playing on the playground.
At 1:33am Tuesday morning, I sat up in the bed and  began sneezing, sniffling, and could not stop for the rest of the night. I got up and took Zyrtec, but it didn't help. I sat up in the bed for a half hour just trying to get the sneezing and stuffiness to stop. The rest of the night was miserable, not to mention, Brookelynn had a nightmare at 2:30 and got in the bed with us. There was no rest for any of us after that point. When we got up to get ready for school, I took a dose of my nasal spray to try to settle my sinus' down, but it didn't work either. I came to the realization that I must be sick. I went ahead and dropped the kids off at school and tried to ignore my symptoms, right up until my phone rang at 9:45. It was the school nurse. Brookelynn was in her office sick again.
At this point, I decided Brooke and I would both see the doctor. I went to the clinic and had to convince the the nurse practitioner that what I had was not allergies (trust me, I know allergies. Zyrtec takes care of those). I wound up leaving the clinic with a steroid shot in my left hip and two prescriptions.
At Brookelynn's pediatrician, the nurse swabbed her nose till it bled. I know it hurt Brookelynn so bad to have it done, but it was necessary. Fifteen minutes later, the pediatrician came in and told us that Brooke has "Type A Flu". He said she did not need to return to school for the rest of the week.  Oops, we already contaminated the class on Monday.
It's now 3pm on Wednesday and Brookelynn has not even got out of the bed yet...not even to eat. She feels horrible.

No comments:

Post a Comment