Tuesday

Toe Torture Tuesday

Everyone I spoke to today made mention of my "glowing" skin.  I sounded like a broken record..."We went to Nashville Shores yesterday...We went to Nashville Shores yesterday...We went to Nashville Shores yesterday". Hopefully by tomorrow I will be in a different hue of red. With any luck I might even wake up pink instead.
Stroker's Father's Day gift arrived, so he went to have them installed on the Titan today. He really likes them...I can tell.
Brookelynn wanted to spend the night with her Aunt Darlene tonight, but by the time we ate dinner and got out of Logan's it was 8pm. We didnt get to Sparta untill close to 9pm.  Brookelynn was tired and ready for bed by then. When Stroker and I got up to leave, she said "I want to go back home".
I think part of the problem is that we are missing Devin. We are just not used to having an empty bedroom at our house. It just feels strange.
I know Devin is ready for camp to be over too. Stroker and I got a picture message last night with a picture of Devin's big toe and the words "I hate this camp" underneath. The photo was of his big toe. On the top of his toe was a busted blister the size of Mt. Rushmore. I knew that had to be hurting him.
My motherly instincts immediately kicked in. I called him back and told him that I would be over to the dorms with band aids and ointment. Devin was not very receptive to the idea and told me to stay home. Stroker sent him a text and told him that he would have to get bandages from the camp monitors or it would get worse or infected.
When my phone rang tonight and I seen that it was Devin, I thought hhhmmm his toe must be worse. It was worse alright, only it wasn't the blister...it was the toenail.
Devin told me that he went up for a rebound and so did some big senior guy...when they came down, the senior stepped on (landed on) Devin's toe that was already in bad condition. The coach seen Devin limping around on the ball court and pulled him from the game. When Devin went over and sat on the bleachers he pulled his shoe off and seen the blood on his sock. He then proceeded to pull the sock off. The coach noticed that his toenail had been half torn off and sent him to the nurse. Devin told me the nurse said the whole toenail might come off. They bandaged it up to protect it as best they could, but Devin has spent the remainder of the day on the sidelines.
I was ready again to go over and bring my baby home and doctor him up myself, but he told me no. I cant wait till camp is over tomorrow. I need my children at home where I can protect them.
I hate to think about Titan's Jr cheerleading camp being just around the corner.

No comments:

Post a Comment