Monday

Making the Most of Monday

The heat has been unbearable the last few days. Yesterday, Brookelynn and I decided to lay down and take a two hour nap since it was just too hot to do anything else.  I also ordered Stroker some step bars for the truck and forgot to check my email for the confirmation. Of course Stroker was on the computer next and received the email. One of these holiday's I am going to get him a gift and it WILL be a surprise.
Today Brooke and I hit the stores early. The sun was shining extra bright. Brooke commented that her sunglasses were not blocking the sun well. She said they must not be "dented" (tinted) enough.  By 8:15 am we were at Kohl's. She just had to have a new swim suit for next weeks trip to Nashville Shores with her BFF Jailyn. I found myself a spice rack LOL. I know what your thinking...I am the last person on earth that would ever need or use a spice rack, but it was neat, organized and on sale so I bought it. I also found me some new (cheap) sunglasses to wear to Nashville Shores. I am always afraid that I will lose my good Christian Dior glasses when I go to a park, and I end up squinting in the sun all day. This time I will be prepared. Hobby Lobby, Kirkland's and TJ Maxx were other stops we made. We found a few good buys there too. By then, Mt. Juliet seemed too long of a drive so we opted out of that trip.
The heat was sooo hard on us that Brookelynn asked me to take her to get her hair cut off...so I said OK. This time I let her tell the stylist what she wanted. After about three inches were cut, Brooke looked at the stylist and said "Shorter".
For lunch, I took Brookelynn to try out "The Country Chic". She liked the sandwich almost as much as she loved the mother/daughter shopping day.
Darlene came over around 4pm and we got started on Daddy's "Father's Day" gift. I would throw in a sneak peak, but I don't want to spoil anything. For dinner, Darlene joined the four of us at Fazoli's. It has been a long, hot, productive day.

No comments:

Post a Comment