Monday

Hank

There is no such thing as a day off here at the Hayes house. A day at home just means time to get some things done around the house. As for Friday, November 27, it meant time to put up the Christmas tree. 
As I was smack dab in the middle of just that, I hear a loud vehicle pass by the house. Simultaneously, I hear Devin say " Ha! Some guy just drove by and threw a cat out the window."
Just as the the old poem goes...
"I sprang to my feet to see what was the matter!..Away to the window I flew like a flash, tore open the blinds and threw up the sash (whatever that is). When what to my wondering eyes should appear, but a little baby kitten afraid to be here."  
Okay...I ad libbed a little there at the end. 
I ran outside just as the little kitty started to scurry away. 
I called him over,  scooped him up and told him that he was okay.
(still kinda sounds poetic huh?)
He was so confused, as anyone would be that just got tossed out the window. 
I brought him inside and made him cozy until Brooke got back home.
She took over as soon as she seen him.
We quickly invested about $30 in litter, toys, food etc. We tried to keep him confined but he was roaming around every time we took our eyes off him. He is the best kitty with the sweetest meow.
How could someone be so heartless to toss him away?
We spent Saturday, November 28 at home hanging out with "Hank" (I named him)
I went to church on Sunday, November 29, while Stroker and the kids stayed home.
I worked on Christmas cards on Monday, November 30 after Brooke's ball game and dinner at Cheddar's. I have just under 300 cards to mail this year. I've also started Christmas giveaways on the Facebook page. Just a few holiday goodies.


No comments:

Post a Comment