Monday

Headed South

I had plans to remove all of the face plates from the walls in our bedroom this weekend.
I had plans to remove curtains, rods and screws from the walls.
Remove photos, mirrors and anything else that covers my currently eggshell colored walls.
My painter was to come by and paint the room a new color why we were out of town for the week. As my life usually goes, I never got everything on my "to do" list accomplished before it was time to hit the road and head south. I hated to leave the room half done, that is just more for Katey to have to do before she can get started painting.
But, when we got up Sunday morning (November 15), we were running non-stop to get the car packed, get to church, get Alyssa picked up and get on the highway.
It was noon when we finally got to head south. We drove the truck this year in case there was any purchases that we decide to make while there.  We lost an hour (on the clock) when we got to Chattanooga, so we hit Atlanta around 4pm. Stroker still gets panicky when driving through big cities or unfamiliar places. He keeps both hands on the steering wheel and requires full concentration on the lanes and signs ahead. All those lanes of traffic can be a little intimidating.
Once we were on the other side of Atlanta, it wasn't long until sunset. Most of our driving was in the dark. We arrived at the Disney gates around 10:30 pm. I took advantage of the online check in this year, so we got to proceed straight to our rooms after we parked.
We spent about an hour unpacking, walking around the resort and getting settled in. It was around 75 degrees, so the weather made you want to stay outdoors. We finally got settled in so that we could get rested for Monday.
Our aim was to get up early(er) on Monday, November 16, but it wasn't as easy as we thought. We did manage to be in line to get on the bus heading to Hollywood Studios by 9am. Lots of things were just as I remembered, but some things that I wanted to see had been changed. I was disappointed that I couldn't take Brooke's photo with Woody again in front of Al's Toy Barn, because it was now Tow Mater and Lightning McQueen in front of Mater's Garage.
They say we learn something new everyday...and today I learned that I am getting old. The rides scared me more, they made me qweezy and made me nervous.  Brooke made comments about all of our candid ride photos. I told her I just can't handle being slung around like I used to.
The drop on the Tower of Terror got me, but I tried to maintain my composure because I know from the past that it takes a photo as you drop.

But, the Rockin' Roller Coaster is a whole other story. I can't hide the fear. I can't hide the panic and I can't hide the G-Force pulling my head back as we take off 0 to 57 mph in 2.8 seconds.
I don't know how Brooke kept her yes open, but she looks a little creepy.
The weather was amazing though!!! Sunny and 80 degrees.
We were followed by the Hollywood Studios paparazzi throughout the day calling Stroker "Kanye West". It was pretty funny how we ran into them throughout the park.  They kept rolling out the red carpet. LOL. At one point they were calling Alyssa "Reece Witherspoon".
We ate an entertaining breakfast at the Sci-Fi Drive In In Hollywood Studios. It's one of our favorite restaurants (but not for breakfast).

We had  great day!... and by nightfall, it was Christmas everywhere!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment