Friday

New Year,...Same Me

These guys must have partied too hard on New Years. They took long naps on Monday, January 1, 2018
 It was 6° when we got up Monday
I had to go grocery shopping because there was no food in the house. 
We tried to stay warm all day, but the heat just couldn't keep up. 
It ran all day too.
We made a trip to Nashville Monday night to pick up our pastor from the airport. He flew back in from Bimigi MN. He said this was the warmest that he has been in 3 days. 😁
 Brooke and I kept the roads hot on Tuesday, January 2, 2018.  Brooke drove me around, which was nice.
 We went to Sam's Club, where I got me this handy little weather clock.
We went to Starbucks, TJ Maxx and Kirklands too.
Wednesday, January 3, 2018 was the day that everything got back to normal.
The holiday's were over, the decorations stored away, the days of sleeping in and lounging around were over.
This year, I just have not gotten a "gut feeling" for what 2018 has in store.
I remember feeling sooo good about 2016.
I didn't know why, I just felt like it was going to be a good year for some reason. (And it was)
Last year, when the new year rang in, something about it gave me a sick feeling.
That may sound weird, but every-time I thought about 2017 and what it had in store, I got that yucky "worried" feeling in my stomach.
Turns out, I lost my mom just 3 & 1/2 months into the year.
And, here we are in 2018. Waiting on a feeling.
I sure hope it's a good year.
I cooked dinner on Thursday, January 4, 2018.
It was so cold outside that we just needed to stay in where it's warm.
It was cold on Friday, January 5, 2018 too. Brookelynn's new sheets were delivered and Lilly decided to go ahead and open the package. When I arrived home, there was tiny shreds of cardboard all over the front yard. The plastic zipper cover of the sheets had the zipper torn out and the flat sheet and pillow cases were strewn across the front yard.
When I finally got the mess picked up, I could not find the fitted sheet.
I took a walk around the house and found that Lilly had drug it to the back yard.
The good news is that the sheets were just dirty. I put them in the washer and they were okay.
I ordered 12 winter jam tickets on Friday morning.
The concert will be here before we know it.




No comments:

Post a Comment