Monday

Snow Days

I tried to make the most of MLK Jr. Day, Monday, January 15, 2018.
 I repaired the shelf in the bedroom closet, 
took down a kitchen cabinet, 
painted the bare spot it left 
and put a new cupboard in its place.
 Well, this still looks a little junky...I'll have to work on that 😌
I came home at noon on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 because the roads were getting slick.  
When I got home, Brooke asked me to video some snow scenes for her so she could make a short montage.
It was Lilly's first snow too. She played in it, at it, tried to chase it and rolled in it.
TTU cancelled classes too.
I love a good snow day...when it actually snows.
I stayed home on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 too. Probably 80% of the state stayed home that day. It was freezing outside and that snow was going nowhere.
Brooke and I trudged our way to IHOP for pancakes, but it was a mess out.
The snow plow was behind me, so it wasn't doing me any good. πŸ™…
Devin, Brooke and I went to dinner at Cheddar's and then came right back home because it was too cold for anything else.
Church was even cancelled Wednesday evening.
I stopped on my way home Thursday, January 18, 2018 and got supplies to make chili dogs for dinner. It is so cold this week that I want to stay inside 24/7.
Brookelynn has been in this position for 6 days now. I honestly don't know how she can sit and binge watch Grey's Anatomy for daaayyyzzzz
The temperature still has not gotten above freezing, so our street still looks like this.
Devin, Brooke and I went to lunch at Ruby Tuesday's on Friday, January 19, 2018.  
I am so blessed to get to spend lunches, days at home, and spur of the moment time with my kids. (Thanks God)
I got my desk organized on Friday. That's about it. When it's cold, I don't wanna move.  This has been the coldest couple of weeks I can remember.
We had dinner at O'Charleys Friday night and then back home to get warm.
(I think I am turning into my mother)
It finally warmed up on Saturday, January 20, 2018.  Brooke and I went to moms to clean a little. Brooke vacuumed the living room rug and the front bedroom.
I got the brown dishes that we used to eat off of when I was growing up.
I also got the TV stand since someone had taken the TV from it.
Oh, and I got the little round table that used to sit in front of the picture window when I was growing up. 
In moms new house, she used it as her bedside table.
I visited daddy for a while on Saturday too. 
When we got back home, I was gonna wash the table cloth that I got off moms dining room table, but the dryer never would heat up.😟
Stroker said that maybe it was just the heating element and he could fix it, but turned out that was not the problem.
He decided to test the thermostats, but said that would have to wait until Monday.

 We had lunch with the Paramore's and Robert's at Rib City after church on Sunday, January 21. 2018.
We had to make a trip to Livingston at 2pm.
We had a teacher meeting at church at 6pm and then went to dinner at Cracker Barrell.
Monday, January 22, 2018 came and the thermostats tested good. 😨
Looks like we are out of a dryer
....but wait....
I remembered that mom has a perfectly good working dryer that she would love for me to have. (Thanks Mom).
I am so glad that I thought of that before we went out and spent hundreds on a new one.

Brookelynn cooked dinner on Monday night. It was called a sheet pan meal. Parmesan Chicken, green beans, red potato's and rolls all on a sheet pan.
πŸ˜‹It was tasty too.
I sold a headboard that we didn't use on Monday, so the day turned out to be a good day after all.





No comments:

Post a Comment