Sunday

The Deep Freeze

It was only 23° on Saturday, January 6, 2018.  I ran by moms to drop some empty boxes off. As I hurried in the door to put them in the kitchen, I noticed that it was freezing in her house.  Apparently, the heat has not been kicking on.
I went by Kevin's for a little while. I told him that moms house was freezing. He said he had the heat working a couple of weeks ago, but something must have made it quit.  
I visited dad for while too.  He and Phyllis have been staying in where it's warm. He got a new car last month. A Ford Escape. I knew he needed something that sat a little higher off the ground. 
Sunday, January 7th was Maleigha's birthday.  Every year about this time, she catches up with me.
After church on Sunday, I made Taco Soup and we stayed in because the weather outside is frightful.
We had rain on Monday, January 8, 2018
The schools used their 2nd snow day, even though there was no snow. It was 42°
My new little weather station is being put to good use. 
Devin stayed in where it was warm too...as usual
I went grocery shopping on Tuesday, January 9, 2017.
I hate when I come home with a bunch of junk food and empty pockets 😒
'
I went by the post office too and didn't come home with much from there either.
I did manage to get enough ingredients at the grocery store to cook dinner Tuesday evening. I made a cheeseburger casserole.
I think they finally finished up the paving on Wednesday, January 10, 2018 on Willow Avenue.
They had the roads partially blocked and were working feverishly to finish up.
Traffic was a nightmare during lunch hour.
I had lunch with Bridgett at Ruby Tuesday's, and then Brooke brought Ramen's by the office later that day to share a snack with me. 😁
We had church Wednesday night. Stroker gets there early because kids come early.
Brooke and I usually get there about five minutes before class.
It can be a challenge getting such a wide age groups attention, but every Wednesday, it seems to work out.
A complete weather turn around happened on Thursday, January 11, 2018.
It was 65° 
Devin and I went to lunch together. I tried to sneak a picture, but he was too quick.
I went shopping for some new black ankle boots.
I cooked ziti and corn casserole for dinner too.


We knew the spring-like weather wouldn't last long, and as a matter of fact, Schools closed on Friday, January 12, 2018 because of snow. The office closed at noon because the roads were supposed to get slick quickly when the snow started. 
A few of us girls went to Longhorns for lunch before heading home. 
Just as we were leaving the restaurant, the snow was beginning to fall.
Although it was 20° outside on Saturday, January 13, 2018, we still had three rentals 😨
Noone cancelled....One of them was outside too 😳
People never cease to amaze me.
The day could have been worse...the people in Hawaii had the scare of their lives today when a emergency alert went to all mobile phones that a nuclear missile was headed for them.
Turns out that an employee hit the wrong button. 
Other than 2 deliveries and helping a guy load the back of his truck, we spent the day inside.
I had breakfast duty at church Sunday, January 14, 2018. We went to lunch with the Paramore's after church at Olive Garden. It was so stinkin' cold outside. I went home and took a nap because it was too cold to do anything else.
Stoker can't stand it when I get to take a nap. He sent me this snap-chat.
I eventually got up, went grocery shopping, and cooked dinner for my family (like good moms/wives do)😘





No comments:

Post a Comment