Saturday

December Dinners

After church on Sunday, December 15, we drove to Alpine, visited with Mildred and ate dinner from a drive thru. It was quite the mundane to say the least.

Monday, December 16, held a much more delectable dinner at Mauricio's Italian Restaurant with five friends from the Board. That finished off my day after taking the kids to school, picking them up from school, taking Brookelynn to an orthodontist appointment.
This Tuesday, December 17, Power Athletics was open for business. I really don't know why they closed last Tuesday...the roads were clear as ever.

I met Darlene for lunch at Cheddar's on Wednesday. That is highly unusual, but it was nice to get to have lunch together without the men or kids. We didn't get a chance to have dinner before church on Wednesday, December 18, so we invited Debi and Sterl to eat with us afterwords. We wound up at IHOP having breakfast for dinner. We talked forever and didn't get back home until after 10 pm.

My day started off well on Thursday morning, December 19th. At 10:30, my phone rang and it was Devin. He told me that his heart was racing and he was scared. Of course, I didn't want to take any chances so I took him to have it checked out. After running EKG's and monitoring him until 3 pm, the doctors felt that it was OK to send him back home.

Although Christmas break had started for the kids on Friday, December 20,  I had 8:30 appointments scheduled for both of them at the dentist. Am I a horrible mother or what?
After the dentist, we went to the barber shop to get Devin a hair cut. Afterwords, the kiddos and I had breakfast at IHOP. Brookelynn had a Christmas cookie party to attend at Libby's at noon, so Devin and I dropped her off. We took Stroker some lunch to work too.
After Libby's party, Brooke had to get ready for a party with her fellow cheerleaders at Annie's house. Brookelynn is the social butterfly of the family. As a matter  of fact, after the cheer Christmas party, she went home with Ella so that they could have a sleepover and exchange gifts.

One good thing about Saturday, December 21 is that we can finally say that our Christmas shopping is complete. I wrapped gifts for what seems like the entire daylight hours today. Of course the daylight hours are the shortest today because it is WINTER SOLSTICE..To me, it's a day to celebrate because after today, the daylight hours will become longer and longer each day. We gain about one minute of daylight each day from tomorrow until June 20.
Today is also Trent's birthday. We joined him, Darlene and Gary for a birthday dinner at Logan's followed by birthday cake at my house.


No comments:

Post a Comment