Wednesday

Thanksgiving Week 2013

I had a hair appointment Sunday, November 24. I got over three inches cut off of my hair. I ask my hairdresser to give me a blunt cut at the ends because texturing just doesn't work for my hair. It just gives me longer frizz. It seems to lay much better now. While I was there, she tried a new curling tool on Brooke. It gave her the cutest big, springy curls. Brooke want to get one for Christmas. Too bad that it is a $200 tool.

Darlene and I met up at moms on Monday, November 25, to clean the bathrooms and kitchen to get ready for Thursday's Thanksgiving dinner. We spent about three hours there.

I also took the comforter off mine and Stroker's bed to have it washed on Monday. I try to get it cleaned once or twice a year, but it is so big and fluffy that it takes forever and gets expensive.
I picked the kids up from school Monday evening and on our drive home, we watched the first snowflakes of the year fall. When we got home, we found Stroker on the roof cleaning out the gutters. He had to stop before he got finished because the snow makes a metal roof slick quick.

In a single word, Tuesday, November 26, was AWESOME. The kids were at school, Stroker was at work and I was at home...ALONE. I did't lounge around all day, but I took my time and got a few things done at my own pace. To be honest, I never turned the TV on. I enjoyed the peace and quiet while I piddled around the house. We also had rain and more snow flurries on Tuesday.

By Wednesday, November 27, the Hayes House was back in full gear. The kids were out of school, Stroker didn't have to work and I had a full menu of cooking to get done. We began ththe day with breakfast at IHOP. Brookelynn helped me quite a bit with the cooking on Wednesday.
We made dressing, corn, potato salad, two squash casseroles, and a cheese danish. We also wrapped a few Christmas presents after we got the tree up. By that time, Brookelynn was tired and ready for a meltdown. We went to relax at the movies at 5:00. A well deserved break.





No comments:

Post a Comment