Tuesday

My Last Grandparent

My last grandparent, "Ma" as the grandchildren called her, passed away today. 
1917 - 2010 was the length of time she spent in this world. It seems like a long time when you look at the date, but then when you think about  how quickly time passed, you find yourself reexamining your own life. "Am I accomplishing the things that I want to achieve in life?" "Am I making the most of every day?"
This is my grandmother sitting on her front porch, the way I will remember her most.
 
This photo was taken a decade ago, and through the passing years, time made her body weary.
Today was the day that she could no longer resist the  inevitable to let go of this life and move on.
Of course, I worry most about my daddy and the heartbreak that he feels from the loss of his mother.
 What a good son she raised. He has cared for her, watched over her and done everything in his power to ensure all of her days were content and comfortable.

Our death is not an end if we can live on in our children and the younger generation.
For they are us, our bodies are only wilted leaves on the tree of life.





No comments:

Post a Comment