Tuesday

Another Post Catch Up

Don't give up on me. I realize my blog has turned into a once a week event here lately, but with the cool down of the weather, we just cant seem to get outside activities caught up. By the time we get inside, get homework, baths, and ready for bed we are worn out. There is no time or energy left for blogging.
With that said, here is a rundown of our transition to September this past week...

Monday was full of running around town, catching up on some sales, and fighting off a belly ache that continuously tried to make me go home and lay down.

Tuesday was a repeat of the belly ache, but I refused to give in. I called Heather and asked her to relay the message to Paris that we wished her a happy belated birthday (because her b-day was Monday) and we invited them to dinner at El Tapatio with us...so they met us there. I also contacted the Cookeville Zoning Committee to find out what "Variance" meant, but there was no answer, so I left a message.

Wednesday was the day that I decided that I was no longer going to take the medicine that the doctor prescribed me to get rid of the sinus infection because it was making me too sick at my stomach. I would rather deal with the sinus congestion than to feel sick at my stomach constantly. On another note, Devin had his freshman photo taken today. He said he had barely touched the seat when they snapped the photo...we'll see how those turn out in the weeks to come.

Thursday went a little better. I began to feel a little better so I trimmed about 9 trees next door for "Heart of the Cumberland". The Gardening Club is getting ready to wrap the trees in lights and needed the lower limbs cleared. I love trimming trees and shrubbery. It's like therapy...
Anyway, I worked till dark on that project. Now if I could just get the public works department to come by an pick up all those limbs.

Friday was the day that Brookelynn went home with her friend for a sleepover. Devin went to the Cookeville/Sparta football game...so Stroker and I went on a date. We tried a new restaurant on the square named Char. We sat out on the patio and had a peaceful and sort of romantic dinner.

Saturday was great! The weather here was PERFECT! Even though it was the opening day for Michigan football, I still enjoyed the day. Stroker washed my car for me again even though I insisted that he just let it go. It's a holiday weekend,  no one should spend it working.
That afternoon, while the guys stayed home to watch football all day, Brooke and I went to visit my dad and Phyllis for a while. Then we went to visit my mom for a while, then to my brothers who ended up taking us to dinner at El Tapatio. We didn't get home that night till after 9pm.

Sunday, Stroker was up early again...this time washing his truck. The kids joined my sister at the White County Fair all day long while Stroker and I spent the day together  wondering what people do when they don't have children. We were absolutely lost. Since we had already went on a date Friday night with our few hours of free time, we couldn't figure out what to do with a whole 24 hours of childlessness (if that's a word)..
We visited Bucket and Jennifer for a while. Christopher came with us and hung out for a while. We went to dinner and rode around aimlessly till after 11pm. By that time, we were ready for bed. I don't know how people can stand to just dump there kids off for days at a time and not think twice about it.
Monday the agenda consisted of breakfast with Stroker at Cracker Barrel, getting the bedroom door adjusted at home and getting the kids picked up from their overnight adventure at my sisters. They had ridden everything at the fair and spent Monday on the Rhino out in the field.

Today when Stroker called to wake me up, I was in a deep sleep. He just so happened to call again 20 minutes later and he woke me up again. This time, I actually got out of bed. I had some phone calls to make, property owners to visit and some reading material to study up on. This whole property variance thing has set me in motion.
My sister came over for dinner, so we all went to Logan's.

No comments:

Post a Comment