Monday

Weekend Review

The last few days have consisted of scattered showers, but the rain doesn't slow us down. Saturday, we went to White County and picked up my mom so she could spend some time with us and get out of the house for a while. She spent a good six hours with us before we dropped her back off at home at 4pm. We had a few more stops to make and didn't get home till 8:30 in the rain. I started working on the design for Tiffany's Wedding Keepsake's and got a few of them complete.
Sunday was rain...sunshine...rain...sunshine...rain...
you get the picture. It was also mom's birthday, so Stroker, Devin, Brookelynn and I met my mom, my sister, my niece, my great nephew and my great niece at Nick's for lunch/dinner. It's moms favorite spot for Lobster. After we ate, everyone came to our house for cake and ice cream (and to sing "Happy Birthday" to mom).
During one of the sunny spells that day, Stacia, Brookelynn, and I went over to check out the Kid's Expo. Stacia won a car seat full of baby supplies within the first five minutes we were there. We think it is because Brookelynn touched the "lucky" ticket when we registered at the door. Brookelynn seems to have the lucky touch these days.
This morning, after getting the kids to school, the weather had to dump one more down pour of rain on us, then Stroker and I had breakfast at The Cracker Barrel. The food was great but the service wasn't.  I think our server thought that once she delivered the meal she was done. We got a few chores accomplished around the house and we went to Brooke's school to watch the kids get sprayed by the fire truck.  We had so much fun that we stayed the remainder of the day. Kelsey came home with Brooke and sprayed each other with the water hose. We also had hamburgers and hotdogs off the grill...yum.
We just left the hospital from visiting Stroker's uncle Charles. He had a hip replacement this morning. He seems to be doing well. 

No comments:

Post a Comment