Monday

Full Throttle

Hhhhmmm....Where should I start?
Brookelynn's lip healed over the weekend from her "surgery" (if you can call it that) on Thursday. The dentist called today to let me know that the lab results were good. No sign of cancer or anything else that we should worry about.
Friday, Stroker and I were in White County by 8:15. We had a busy day that day. Darlene and I worked at the fellowship hall at her church for a few hours too (while mom and Stroker supervised). Stroker had NO idea what he was in for when we left out for the day Friday morning...hehehe :)
Darlene and I  got some of the decorations for Tiffany's shower placed, but still had quite a bit left to do on Saturday. Stroker and I had to be back in town by 2:30 to get the kids picked up from school. I also had to get ingredients for the pasta salad so that I could stay up and prepare it for the Bridal Shower. Bedtime for me was around 11pm.
Friday evening, we were at a lady's house who happened to have the cutest little play house for her little girl, so I had to take a photo. It was complete with her own wheel barrel, Adirondack chair and window flower box...adorable.
 
Saturday was an even busier day. I was up at 7am. starting laundry, getting my bath, trying to get Devin out of the bed etc. etc. etc. By 8:30, I had 2 loads of laundry complete, had Devin at the Barber Shop and was at Brookelynn's friend Kelsey's house picking her up from their sleepover.  By noon we had already drove to Alpine and back. By 1pm Brookelynn and I were back in White County setting up for the shower...and the shower began at 2pm


The shower went great. Tiffany left with a trunk load of new household items. After the shower, we paid a visit to Dale Hollow. The water is still very high (and the dam is closed).
Devin standing at the edge of the water that is still above the dock.
That is a submerged dock behind Brookelynn
Stroker also waxed the truck this week...here is a photo while it is still clean
We ended Saturday night at Ruby Tuesday's.
Sunday was Mother's Day. It began with a gift card for a hot stone massage and a card from the kids and a card from Stroker.  I still had things to get finished around the house, but housework will always be here. We loaded up and went to my moms instead. We were there till about 3:30. Mike came down and Darlene came over so we ordered pizza. I know what your thinking..."What a Mothers Day lunch?!?", but it was a nice change seeing as how O'Charley's, Logan's, Olive Garden, Chili's, El Tapatio and Cheddar's are our usual dinner spots.
We also stopped by my brothers to see his horse before we went to Stroker's moms house for the evening.
We made it home on Sunday in time for baths and bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment