Sunday

Spring Tease then Winter Weather

MLK Day was beautiful. Monday, January 20 was 63 degrees and sunny. The kids and I enjoyed a day at home together. I washed all the extra blankets that we had in the house, donated extra pillows and blankets to the help center, moved my printer to the master closet, cleaned the master bedroom, 5 loads of laundry, and cooked dinner. A successful day.
Tuesday, January 21 was back to cold weather. I dropped off the kids at school at 8 am. I was back in line picking them up at 11 am because the snow was falling fast. The warm temperature from Monday had plummeted down to 20 degrees.

School was closed on Wednesday, January 22 due to snow accumulation. Mildred and Paradise stopped by for an evening visit before we went to church.
The high temp for Thursday, January 23 was 18 degrees. Needless to say the snow was still hanging around and schools were closed for another day.
School started at 10 am on Friday, January 24, which threw my whole day off. Brookelynn had a friend Megan to spend the night at our house Friday night. We ordered pizza and stayed indoors because it was freezing outside.
I took mom to her friend Nina's funeral on Saturday, January 25. I can't imagine how mom feels to be the last survivor of her family including her parents, siblings and now to see her friend pass. That has to leave a lonesome void in her heart.
Darlene and Gary came by to visit us Saturday evening. Although I had cooked at home, they loaded up Devin and Brookelynn and took them to Outback for an early birthday dinner for Devin. Whats up with that?

No comments:

Post a Comment