Wednesday

Happy New Year

This new year came in quietly. Hopefully that is a sign of a peaceful and quiet 2014. 
We were all getting ready to lay down just shortly before the "ball dropped" tonight. Stroker was already snoring as I went to Brookelynn's room to tuck her in. Devin was still awake when I passed by his room. I asked Brooke to get up and step into Devin's room so we could welcome the new year together, and that is what we did. 
 As we whispered down from 10,9,8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1...It's 2014!
I told the kids good night and headed off to bed my self. 
God has been good to us this past year, for all our past years as a matter of fact. 
I can hardly wait to wake up each morning in 2014 to see what He has in store for us. 
My resolution this year is Colossians 3:2 
"Set you mind on things that are above, not on the things that are on earth". 
That is one of my favorite verses. One that I sometimes struggle with. It's easy to be ungrateful for what we have and to always want better, but the truth is that God has always provided us with everything we need. How selfish we are to think God's provisions are not good enough.  
We go through racks of clothes in our closet claiming to have "nothing to wear", we head off to school in our car wishing we had seat warmers, we wash the dishes in aggravation that there is no dishwasher. All the while our bodies are clothed, we have transportation, and we have dirty dishes because our tummies have just been filled.
Tonight, I go to bed with a grateful heart. 

No comments:

Post a Comment