Wednesday

Sleepovers and Slides

Monday (June 10) Devin and Brookelynn went to spend the night with Darlene. Stoker and I had a quiet dinner alone. There were intermittent rain showers all evening. I gave Stroker his first massage on the new massage table that I purchased.

Tuesday (June 11) I took a drive to Smithville by myself to get a slide cover sewn to our obstacle course. I don't usually travel alone, but it was a fun ride with the windows down and the radio up. That evening, I drove to Sparta to pick up the kids from Darlene's and I picked up mom to join us for a quick dinner at Mickey D's.

Wednesday (June 12) we wrestled that slide cover back on the obstacle course. As luck would have it, we chose the hottest day of the week to take on such a task. It was 92 degrees outside and we had sweat rolling off of us. My eyes started burning from the sweat getting in them. Stroker was ramping and raving about how we better not ever remove that cover again and the kids were the only ones that were not delusional due to overheating.

When we finally finished and got cooled off, we swung through a drive thru on the way to church.

No comments:

Post a Comment