Tuesday

Life Is Good

Guess who made his grand entry into the world today?...Grey Monroe Drouillard arrived at 10:42 this morning. Guess who was there to capture the entire event in photo's?  ME
When Stacia first asked me photograph the delivery, I agreed but felt like I was going to be in the middle of an awkward situation. I had wondered just how I would position myself and the images to create photos that Stacia and Delano could look at without their faces blushing (and mine too). To be honest, I really didnt know what kind of images we would end up with.
This morning, when I received the text that Stacia was close, I grabbed my camera and took off headed straight to labor and delivery. I snapped the first photo as soon as I went in the door. I snapped and snapped as I walked around the room. To my surprise, it was like nothing I had expected. It was awesome, it was moving and it was an amazing experience. My pictures are beautiful (in my opinion) and my heart is smiling.
Welcome to this great big world Grey.
First family photo of all five
Take a look at those two proud big brothers
Tuesday held more than the delivery of Grey. 
My childhood best friend and I had plans to meet up in our old neighborhood Tuesday evening to take a stroll down memory lane (and around the block). When we were kids, we walked that neighborhood hundreds of times. We have walked at all hours too. It is no joke when I say that we have walked at dusk and we have walked the neighborhood at sunrise. I miss it. I really really miss it.
We hung out all evening today, we visited Doyle Elementary where we both attended and we even went to
The street that I grew up on.

Me and Maleigha in my (old) front yard.

This is was home from the day I was born until the day I was old enough to move out on my own. The first 19 years of my life was spent here.
Kindergarten - 6th grade
Life is good, but Today was awesome.

No comments:

Post a Comment